We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Morinville Veterinary Clinic in Morinville, Alberta
Choosing a veterinary clinic is an important decision. As a member of the Town of Morinville community for over 35 years, we have had the pleasure of ensuring the health and well-being of more than 28,000 dogs and 16,800 cats. Our dedicated team of highly experienced veterinary professionals are ready to handle everything from emergencies to basic tests, vaccinations, flea control, spaying or neutering and more complex surgical procedures. We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pets!
We are strong supporters of animal welfare and supply temporary animal housing for strays to the Town of Morinville and the city of St. Albert. We take pride in preparing strays that have not been claimed and getting them ready for adoption. We have many dogs and cats available for adoption and invite you to visit our Facebook page for photos and information about these wonderful pets.
Morinville Veterinary Clinic is also a Cat Friendly Practice accredited at the Silver level. Our staff handle and treat cats with understanding, gentleness and respect, and to make every effort to ensure your visit is as stress-free for you and your cat as possible. You and your feline family member will enjoy our separate cat entrance as well as our cat-only exam room that includes a cat pheromone diffuser to help cats feel comfortable and safe.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Thursday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780 939 3133. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan and then return your pet to your car.
2. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Saturdays 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Sundays 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
4. We ask that payments be made over the phone with a credit card whenever possible. However, we will still accept debit payments if needed.
5. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Morinville Veterinary Clinic