We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
It is a fact of life that your body slowly wears out as you get older. Dr. High can personally attest to this. Sometimes he will get sore from doing strenuous things like getting out of bed. He also can attest that the wearing-out process also happens to your pet. Your lab will still play […]
Image Reference: Pet Therapy Society of Alberta. Want to make a difference in the community? Do you have a dog, cat, or rabbit that is good with people? Sign your pet up for pet therapy or for pet visits.
The kidney is an incredible organ. Not only does it serve a function that cannot be duplicated by any other organ in the body, it does it so well that a person can donate one of his two kidneys to someone, and both people will be healthy.
How much should I feed my dog/cat? It depends on the brand of food you are feeding as well as your pet’s caloric requirements and size. We offer complimentary nutritional consultations throughout August during which your pet will be weighed and measured and weight loss advice is given.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Thursday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780 939 3133. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan and then return your pet to your car.
2. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Saturdays 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Sundays 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
4. We ask that payments be made over the phone with a credit card whenever possible. However, we will still accept debit payments if needed.
5. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Morinville Veterinary Clinic